CONDITIONS OF SALE
DECOYS UNLIMITED, INC. UNDER THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL OFFER THE PROPERTY LISTED IN THIS CATALOG.
1. All bids whether by floor, absentee, or phone will have a buyer’s premium of 23% added to the auction sale price as part of the total purchase price.
2. GUARANTEE-The Auctioneers have endeavored to correctly describe the property being sold as to attribution, period, and origin. The auctioneers reserve the right to make verbal corrections and provide additional information at the time of sale. We do not guarantee the type of wood or material used in the making of a decoy or carving. Since opinions may differ, as to condition, the auctioneers will be the sole judges in the matter of refunds. All property becomes the responsibility and liability of the buyer at the fall of the hammer. Any lots we might make arrangements for moving or storing are solely at the risk of the buyer and any damage or loss occurring after the fall of the hammer becomes that of the buyer.
3. DURATION OF LIMITED GUARANTEE- Request for a refund for items purchased IN PERSON AT THE GALLERY MUST BE MADE BEFORE THOSE ITEMS LEAVE THE AUCTION SITE. If you are an absentee or phone bidder it is your responsibility to examine the lot immediately upon receipt. On items purchased by absentee bid the guarantee will expire 24 hours from the day of delivery. Therefore all guarantees on items purchased will become null and void 10 calendar days from the date of shipment. IMPORTANT: IF YOU PAYMENT IS LATE, YOU MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE GUARANTEE. Payment must be postmarked no later than 20 days from the date of purchase.
4. Buyers must inspect the merchandise or have it vetted prior to bidding. Any intention of return must be expressed to the Auctioneers within 24 hours of delivery.
5. The Auctioneers reserve the right to reject any opening bid or bid advance not commensurate with the value of the article being offered.
6. The Auctioneers reserve the right to withdraw any lot at any time prior to the commencement of bidding on the lot.
7. Some of the lots are offered subject to a reserve, which is the confidential minimum price below which such lot will not be sold. The Auctioneers may implement reserves by bidding on behalf of the consigner.
8. The highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the event of a dispute between bidders, the Auctioneer shall have the sole discretion as to who was the successful bidder or he may re-offer the disputed item at his discretion.
9. Full payment of each purchaser’s account must be received on the day of the sale. Payment must be made by cash, good check, Visa or Mastercard unless other arrangements have been made at least two hours prior to the auction.
10. All bidders will provide their names, residential address and show identification such as a driver’s license prior to bidding. Personal checks will be accepted only if the Auctioneers have received a bank authorization guaranteeing funds or other credit references are provided. The Auctioneers reserve the right to hold merchandise purchased by personal check until the check clears the bank, if the Auctioneers regard such action necessary to protect their interests.
11. All shipping and packaging expense shall be borne by the purchaser. If for any reason a purchased lot cannot be delivered in as good condition as at the time of sale or should the lot be lost or stolen prior to delivery, the Auctioneers shall not be liable for any amount in excess of that paid by the purchaser.
12. All purchases are subject to state sales tax unless the purchaser possesses a valid state sales tax exemption certificate and can provide a copy of same for the auctioneer’s records. To obtain such a number, contact the state Retail Sales Tax Division.
13. BIDDING AGENT RESPONSIBILITY- If you are vetting items for a client or registering for someone or if you execute a bid for someone else under your number, you are responsible for the settlement of that account. The bidding agent(s) are also responsible for examining the merchandise for your client regarding the guarantee.
14. TITLE- Title passes to the owner at the drop of the auctioneers hammer.
15. LEGAL DISPUTE- Any legal disputes arising from the auction shall be settled in the court system of the state of Massachusetts.
I have read and agree to the terms and conditions as stated in the Conditions of Sale. Bidding on any item in this sale indicates acceptance of the above terms.
The office will not be open until three business days after the sale to allow for post auction paperwork to be concluded.
ABSENTEE AND TELEPHONE BIDDING
Absentee and phone bidding are services provided by the auctioneer at no charge to our customers. Every effort is made to execute all absentee bids and to contact all phone bidders however the auctioneer cannot be held responsible for missed communications or errors of omission.
Absentee bids may be mailed to Ted Harmon, P. O. Box 206, West Barnstable, MA 02668-0206 or bids may be faxed to 1-508-375-6367, or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephoned to 1-508-362-2766 or cell 508-737-2193. Enclose a check or money order equal to 10% of the total amount of your bids, payable to Decoys Unlimited, Inc. or include a valid Visa or MasterCard number and expiration date. Any monies not applied to your account will be refunded immediately after the sale. Credit cards will not be charged for merchandise without your specific instructions but held as collateral.
Absentee bids are treated fairly and confidentially. Bids are executed by a member of our staff or the Auctioneer. Bids are placed for you up to the amount you have specified as your bidding limit. All bidding starts on the auction floor unless two or more absentee bids are received in which case an opening bid could be entered on behalf of the highest absentee bidders limit. We do not open the bidding at your bid limit. We bid against the audience on your behalf within the limit you have specified. Therefore, it is possible to buy things for considerably less than the bid limit you specify.
If two bids are received for the same amount the earliest bid received will be entered at the next logical bid increment.
A successful absentee bidder will be notified of lots purchased within 7 days and must remit any balance due before the lots are shipped. Auction invoices are payable immediately upon receipt.
To bid live by telephone contact us by mail at Ted Harmon, P. O. Box 206, West Barnstable, MA 02668-0206, by fax at 1-508-375-6367, by email at email@example.com, or telephone at 1-508-362-2766 or cell 508-737-2193 at your earliest convenience and indicate the lots that interest you. Telephone lines are limited.
A 10% deposit by Credit Card is required unless credit has been established.
The Auctioneers cannot be responsible for communication problems resulting in missed purchases.